Functional Test Fixtures
ECT adds value for your functional test requirements
- An engineering team with a combined 100+ years of experience
- Proven designs based on experience
- Portability to ECT Asia or Mexico sites for replication
- Proven technology for existing solutions
- Customized test configurations
- Build-to-Print services
Functional testing is done to insure that a completed printed circuit board will operate correctly in the final product. Failures detected at this time will consist of interactional problems between components. Testing here can be used to set board variables such as timers or limiters to proper settings.
The tester applies typical inputs to the circuit under dynamic operating conditions and checks the outputs against circuit requirements. Inputs and outputs are made through the card edge connector. Functional testers – especially those that can test analog, digital and hybrid boards (analog and digital functions on the same board) – are very sophisticated and require powerful computers for test generation and operation.